Thursday 3 December 2009

Making Flash Video Player Skin visible and invisible

Hi Everybody
I faced a problem when I got a project to show and hide skin of a flash video player on roll over and roll out. I was not able to use th roll over and roll out events because the video player size is exactly same as the stage size. The help I found online dint helped me much. So I used the MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE event to show the skin and Event.MOUSE_LEAVE to hide the skin. After several trial and errors and several research I found a feasible solution for this yet it throws some Warning(not an error) rarely but it works properly.

Cheers
Harish..

Code :
stage.addEventListener(Event.MOUSE_LEAVE,skinHide);
stage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE,skinShow);

function skinShow(evt:MouseEvent):void {
this.flvVidPlayer.skin = skinURL ;
}
function skinHide(evt:Event):void {

try {
this. flvVidPlayer.skin =null;
this. flvVidPlayer.skinAutoHide = false
} catch (e:Error) {
trace("my error"+e);
}
}

Other Search terms:
Actionscript 3 skin flvplayer visible invisible
flash video player show hide bug error
Error #2044: Unhandled skinError:
fl.video::UIManager/http://www.adobe.com/2007/flash/flvplayback/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Harish,

    I'm trying to get a simple flash animation to open without a skin or browser window. I'm using it as a pop-up warning. Could you help me? Maybe contract through RentaCoder?

    Thanks, Ned
    ned.zeppelin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete